Blue Fragrant Lavender
Look, and please do touch
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Summer
We ship this item in Spring
Blue Fragrant Lavender
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameLavandula angustifolia
- Type of Fruitn/a
- Ships AsNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 24 inches
- Spacing12 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateSummer
- Planting InstructionsWhere marginally hardy, plant near a sunny wall or in a container that can be moved indoors for winter.
- Winter CareA mulch around the roots is advisable in northern areas and a light winter mulch should be used in cold or windy spots.
- Flower FormMany very tiny flowers form whorls along a terminal spike up to 8" long.
- Foliage TypeGray-green almost white when young, evergreen needle-like, 1 1/2" - 2" long, 1/4" wide.
- Pruning TimeSpring after buds break if using for drying.
- FragranceVery, all plant parts.
- ResistanceGood to P & D problems
- Soil RequirementMedium to dry soil
- PruningTrim back spent flower stems & shear back to 12" - 15" annually. Spring after buds break if using for drying.
- Additional InformationThey do not like humid weather. Syn. L.spica, and L. officinalis
- Unique CharactersticsProbably the most widely used native Oak. Very popular for it's attractive growth habit, interesting and distinctive foliage and that it is so tolerant of many kinds of soils. It has a fibrous root system and is moved with greater ease than many other varieties of oak. Distinctive in that it carries 3 types of branching - the upper limbs are upright, the middle branches are horizontal and the lower ones are downturned. These often have to be removed if the tree is grown near a driveway of path.
- ShippedNO. 1 BAREROOT
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.