Blue Fortune Hummingbird Mint
Long clusters of showy, blue flowers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 24 - 36 inches
- Zone: 6-9
- Flowering Date: Mid to late summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Blue Fortune Hummingbird Mint
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameAgastache 'Blue Fortune'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 30 inches
- Spacing24 - 30 inches
- Hardiness Zone6-9
- Flowering DateMid to late summer
- Planting InstructionsWell drained area away from strong winter winds.
- Winter CareWinter hardy, but good drainage is essential to prevent root rot. Does not like standing winter wet, that does not drain.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormLong terminal clusters of small showy flowers
- Foliage TypeSquare stems with opposite paired serrate gray-green leaves. Anise mint fragrance.
- Soil RequirementDoes best in fertile, well drained soil. No standing winter water conditions.
- Additional InformationDutch hybrid - introduced by Gert Fortgens
- Unique CharactersticsIts strong, very tall stems with the top portion covered in flowers make a bold statement wherever it's planted. Very long lived, tolerant of heat and drought, thriving in poor infertile soils. Provides good cover for birds and wildlife. Also food for birds late in the year.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit24 - 36 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.