Blue Explosion Clematis
- Height/Habit: 7 - 9 feet
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Early summer through early fall.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Blue Explosion Clematis
Nothing beats the spectacular show of a large flowered Clematis in full bloom! It is valued for its ability to scramble up walls, fences, trellises, and even other plants. Plant it with its roots moist and cool, and its leaves in full sun, so mulch heavily or underplant with bushy perennials to keep them happy.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameClematis 'Blue Explosion'
- Ships As3-IN POT
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateEarly summer through early fall.
- Winter CareApply a winter mulch, after the ground freezes, in areas where plants may heave from the ground due to alternate freezing and thawing temperatures. Remove most of the mulch in early spring, but keep 2-3" to keep the ground moist and shaded.
- Flower Color:blue
- Flower FormThe first flowers to bloom will be 5", semi-double. The reblooming flowers, will likely be single.
- Foliage TypeMedium green, simple palmate to pinnate leaves arranged alternately and opposite on the stems.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, fertile, moisture-retentive soil.
- PruningPruning Group 2 - Blooms first on old wood, and reblooms on new wood. In early spring, prune down to 8-10" above a couple of well-developed buds, and remove all dead and broken growth. Early spring, as new growth starts to emerge.
- Shipped3-IN POT
- Height/Habit7 - 9 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.