Arizona Apricot Blanket Flower
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 10 - 12 inches
- Zone: 3-10
- Flowering Date: Early Summer, Mid and Late Summer, Early Fall
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Arizona Apricot Blanket Flower
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameGaillardia X Grandiflora 'Arizona Apricot'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Spacing10 - 12 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-10
- Flowering DateEarly Summer, Mid and Late Summer, Early Fall
- Flower Color:orange
- Flower FormMultiple rows of petals
- Foliage TypeBright Green
- Unique CharactersticsFrom Perennial Resource: Acting as a perfect complement to its kin, 'Arizona Sun' and 'Arizona Red Shades', this new selection offers a slightly more subdued color palette of yellows and apricots. The compact, uniform mound of bright green foliage is covered in large 3-3.5in blossoms from early summer into fall. The flowers are apricot with yellow tips and a darker orange center. Multiple rows of petals give the flowers a beautifully full appearance. This plant forms a tidy mound and has an excellent branching habit. It fills out a 1-gal container very nicely for terrific appeal at retail.These perennials require little care once established. They are heat tolerant and actually prefer to be grown in poorer soils. They get their name from the manner in which they used to blanket North American prairies with their blooms. They can still be found in fields and along roadsides in the prairie region and into the Rockies.
- Height/Habit10 - 12 inches
- Growth RateMedium
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.