Big Brother Giant Lily
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 4 - 6 feet
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid summer
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
Big Brother Giant Lily
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameLilium 'Big Brother'
- Ships As14-16 CM BULB
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread15 - 18 inches
- Spacing15 - 18 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant 4 - 6" deep because lily bulbs develop roots along the stem just above the bulb. Mulch is beneficial to keep soil moist and cool.
- Winter CareProvide a layer of mulch for winter protection.
- Flower Color:yellow
- Flower FormOutward facing, up till 15" across flower size
- Foliage TypeLinear, glossy dark green leaves arranged in whorls or spirals up erect stems.
- Soil RequirementPrefers well drained soil, but will tolerate heavier soils.
- Watering RequirementAverage Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
- PruningDon't remove leaves until they have died down in fall. They provide nourishment to the bulb for next season's blooms. After flowering
- Unique CharactersticsThis huge pale yellow trumpet Lily will have a flower outward facing up till 15 inch across! The strong and tick stems will support this massive flower and will grow 4-6 ft. Plant this eye caching Lily next to your path and you can enjoy the fragrant of this Lily every time you will walk by!
- Shipped14-16 CM BULB
- Height/Habit4 - 6 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.