Berry Cascade Wintergreen
Colorful ground cover for shade
- Sun Exposure: Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 2 - 8 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to late summer
We ship this item in Spring
Berry Cascade Wintergreen
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameGaultheria procumbens 'Berry Cascade'
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread10 - 12 inches
- Spacing10 - 12 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to late summer
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSmall pinkish-white, drooping, waxy, bell shaped. Similar to those of blueberries.
- Foliage TypeLustrous oval evergreen leaves.
- Soil RequirementPrefers acid, partially shaded, sufficiently moist soil. Will tolerate more sun if soil is kept moist.
- Watering RequirementWater regulary.
- PruningPrune back old wood in spring to encourage new growth.
- Additional InformationLeaves have been used in making tea.
- Unique CharactersticsJ&P: The summer fruit is candy sweet and adds a charming splash of color Wintergreen is one of those plants everyone should have in their landscapes. It's a compact groundcover that offers several points of interest. From its attractive green foliage to its pleasing white blooms and bright red berries, there's no end to the benefits of growing this petite shrub. Its fruits are beautiful set against the back drop of its evergreen foliage and they taste as good as they look! Additionally, neither pests nor disease bother this healthy plant. Treat yourself and your landscape to this spirited little shrub.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit2 - 8 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.