Berried Treasure™ Huckleberry
Native shrub attracts birds and pollinators
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 18 inches
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Harvest in summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Berried Treasure™ Huckleberry
Low-growing, spreading shrub offers so much to treasure. A native shrub that is also called the Box Huckleberry, it produces white to pink, bell-shaped flowers that attract butterflies and other beneficial insects in the spring. Edible, deep blue berries follow the flowers. Berried Treasure's glossy, dark blue-green foliage looks attractive throughout the growing season-and is even evergreen in some grow zones. In the fall, the foliage turns crimson red. Its low-growing, spreading habit and multiple seasons of interest make it an ideal choice for ground cover or planting along walkways. It grows best in acidic, humus-enriched soil. Quart pot. Gaylussacia brachycera 'Berried Treasure™'
Shrub • Z5-8 • H6-18"xW36-96" • Harvest in Summer • Sun-Part Shade-Shade
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameGaylussacia brachycera 'Berried Treasure™'
- Ships AsQUART
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Full Shade, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 96 inches
- Spacing36 - 96 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateHarvest in summer
- Flower Color:pink, white
- Flower FormUrn shaped 1/3" borne in loose axillary clusters
- Foliage TypeGlossy, dark blue-green simple elliptical 1-2" long and half as wide
- Soil RequirementAcid, humus enriched soil
- Unique CharactersticsABNativeplants: A striking groundcover with four-season interest. The evergreen foliage is a glossy, deep green. White to pink bell-shaped flowers bloom in spring and attract butterflies and other beneficial insects. The flowers are followers by deep blue berries. Cool fall weather brings on the crimson red fall color. Prefers acidic, well-drained soil in sun or part shade. Low, spreading, vigorous habit that will colonize over time.
- Height/Habit6 - 18 inches
- Growth RateSlow once established, which takes approximately 8 - 10 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.