Azure Snow Salvia
Violet blue and white bicolor
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 18 - 20 inches
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring to early summer
We ship this item in Spring
Azure Snow Salvia
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameSalvia COLOR SPIRES® Collection 'Azure Snow'
- Ships AsBAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 20 inches
- Spacing18 - 20 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateLate spring to early summer
- Planting InstructionsPrefers full sun to dappled shade. Plant in an area where it will not receive excessive winter moisture.
- Winter CareMulch to protect especially the first year after planting.
- Flower Color:blue, purple, white
- Flower FormSlender crowded spike of small trumpet shaped blooms.
- Foliage TypeMid green leaves that are ovate to oblong with a wrinkled look.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched.
- PruningOnly to remove spent flower stems.
- Unique CharactersticsWalters: A dazzling new addition to the COLOR SPIRES® Perennial Salvia Collection! 'Azure Snow' brings incredible refinement to the intriguing bicolor category of Salvia. 'Azure Snow' produces a refined, compact clump of deep violet blue and white bicolor flowers with attractive dark green foliage. Flowers are evenly and closely spaced on the stem for a full, polished look. Salvia is a staple for every sunny garden. It asks little more than sunshine and a little drink every once in a while in return for producing a bountiful mass of colorful flower spires from late spring into early summer.
- Height/Habit18 - 20 inches
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.