Autumn Anthem Miscanthus
Excellent landscape performance
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 5 - 5.5 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early to mid fall
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Autumn Anthem Miscanthus
Chosen for its lovely fall blooms and vigorous growth habit, this unique ornamental grass makes a wonderfully animated privacy screen for the landscape. As seasonal breezes sweep in, the finely textured fronds of Autumn Anthem sway gracefully to and fro. As fall arrives, feathery, upright plumes of creamy white top the compact, 5-5½', ball-shaped mounds. Makes a striking foundation planting or garden anchor. Perfect as a focal point. Zones 5-9. Miscanthus sinensis 'Autumn Anthem'. PPAF
There is a reason why garden designers and landscapers put ornamental grasses in their plans. These vibrant, beautiful plants add texture, movement and variety to any garden or landscape. Grasses swaying in the breeze create a serene, restful feeling.Plus, ornamental grasses are easy to grow and a snap to maintain. Many grass varieties feature feathery plumes or striking foliage that changes color with the seasons. One of the very best things about ornamental grasses is that they don't disappear after blooming has ended. They continue to evolve throughout the year, providing welcome color and architectural interest to the area. Don't miss out on these fabulous plants.
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameMiscanthus sinensis 'Autumn Anthem' PPAF
- Ships As3" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread5 feet
- Spacing5 feet
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly to mid fall
- Planting InstructionsBest grown in full sun with plenty of space. Drought tolerant.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormUpright plume
- Foliage TypeVery fine variegated dark green and white striped foliage. Graceful, arching habit.
- Soil RequirementTolerates a wide range of soil conditions.
- PruningTrim back to 12" in early spring. Spring
- Additional InformationAttractive in the landscape spring through fall and very low maintenance.
- Unique CharactersticsHybridized and selected for its heavy flower production and perfect habit all season, 'Autumn Anthem' is the epitome of fall blooming Miscanthus. It forms a dense, rounded ball-shaped clump of finely textured, dark green leaves with a narrow, white midrib and is nearly equal in height and spread. Before blooming, the foliage stands about 3 1/2' tall. In early to mid-fall, a profusion of feathery, cream colored plumes cover the top 2/3 of the plant. There are plenty to use for cut flowers and dried flower bouquets.
- Shipped3" POT
- Height/Habit5 - 5.5 feet
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.