Ascot Rainbow Spurge
Variegated leaves and flowers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 20 inches
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Late spring
We ship this item in Spring
Ascot Rainbow Spurge
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameEuphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow' PP#21,401
- Ships As2.5 INCH POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread18 - 20 inches
- Spacing18 - 20 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateLate spring
- Flower Color:yellow, green, mixed
- PruningLow maintenance, no need for pruning
- Unique CharactersticsPerennial Resource: One of the most outstanding perennials in our trials! The unique variegated foliage of 'Ascot Rainbow' PP21401 is phenomenal and looked fantastic in our garden from spring through fall. It was selected by the Australian hybridizer for its highly ornamental variegated flowers (bracts) and foliage. Narrow, grey-green leaves have a striking yellow edge. The foliage is topped by clusters of variegated cream, lime, and green flowers (bracts) in spring. In the cooler months, the foliage at the ends of the stems becomes flushed with shades of red, pink, and orange. In our location near Lake Michigan where summer temperatures are a bit cooler, a bit of the pink coloring remained all summer long. We did not observe any reversion in our trials. Overwinters well in zone 5b with excellent drainage.This plant would make a fabulous specimen in a brightly colored patio container and will undoubtedly add flair to the garden. As an added bonus, it is highly heat and drought tolerant.
- Shipped2.5 INCH POT
- Height/Habit18 - 20 inches
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.