Ardens Hardy Hibiscus Standard
Maintains formal shape with minimal pruning
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 36 - 48 inches
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Summer to fall
We ship this item in Spring
Ardens Hardy Hibiscus Standard
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHibiscus syriacus 'Ardens'
- Ships As3' BAREROOT STANDARD
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 inches
- Spacing24 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateSummer to fall
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to give roots plenty of room. Build a mount at the bottom and place roots over it. Position the plant so the previous soil line is even with the ground level; the trunk will be darker in color below the original planting line.
- Winter CareMulch first winter in Northern areas
- Flower FormDouble flowers
- Foliage TypeStrong green, maple-like, deeply tooted along margins. Late leafing in spring.
- Pruning TimeEarly spring
- Soil RequirementWell drained soil, very tolerant of a wide range of soils
- PruningPrune to keep desired form / retain spherical shape. Early spring
- Unique CharactersticsThis variety was selected for outstanding form and garden performance. Not to be confused with 'throw away floral mini-roses', this miniature rose has good disease resistance, winter hardiness and is low maintenance because of its ability to 'self-clean'. Add a pop of vibrant color to a garden setting or patio pot. Rich golden yellow blooms are the perfect compliment to the rich green foliage. Each bloom takes on a pinkish blush to the edges of the petals as they age to create a two-toned look. Blooms can last on the plant for up to 3 weeks and 3-5 days as a cut flower.
- Shipped3' BAREROOT STANDARD
- Height/Habit36 - 48 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Trees > 24"|
|1A-4B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|5A||3/19/18 - 6/22/18|
|5B-6B||3/5/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||2/12/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A-10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.