Months of dark pink blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 6 - 8 feet
- Zone: 4-9
- Flowering Date: Mid summer to frost
We ship this item in Spring
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameHibiscus syriacus 'Aphrodite'
- Ships As4" POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread6 - 8 feet
- Spacing5 - 8 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-9
- Flowering DateMid summer to frost
- Planting InstructionsPlant firmly at the same depth as the plant is set in the pot. Water thoroughly. Thrives in the heat.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter in areas with colder climates. Remove early the following spring before growth starts.
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormLarge, single open bells
- Foliage TypePalmately veined, 3 lobed, coarsely toothed along the margins. Dark green, heavily textured.
- Soil RequirementWell drained. Very tolerant of a wide range of soils, especially sandy, infertile ones
- PruningNone, except to prune into desired form. Anytime between February and mid July
- Additional InformationRemarkable frost and pollution tolerance. An all round winner of great beauty. It can be used as a specimen, grown alone or set in a border, for a screen or hedge, or pruned shorter to make a small tree.
- Unique CharactersticsAn outstanding triploid introduced by the late Dr. Egolf at the National Arboretum. Large, clear colored flowers with overlapping petals are produced continuously through-out the summer and fall with no lapse. The foliage shows none of the yellowing in mid summer that is typical of diploid Hibiscus. The lustrous dark green leaves remain on the plant well into late fall. This variety is also noted for its compact, erect growth habit, ease of culture and reliability.
- Shipped4" POT
- Height/Habit6 - 8 feet
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.