Passion Frost Andromeda
Heat-tolerant shrub offers showy flower clusters and evergreen foliage that keeps its color during the summer months. The rich green and yellow variegated foliage provides a striking backdrop for the clusters of purplish-red flowers that bloom in the spring. This showy, upright shrub performs best when planted in well-drained soil and in partial shade. Deer tend to avoid. Pieris japonica 'Passion Frost'
Shrub • Z5-8 • H4-5'xW2-3' • Early to Late Spring • Part Shade
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePeiris japonica 'Ralto' PP19331
- Ships As4"
- Sun ExposurePartial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateEarly to late spring
- Planting InstructionsSet plant at same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNo winter care needed.
- Flower Color:red
- Flower FormClusters of deep red buds that open to purplish red, bell-shaped pendant flowers.
- Foliage TypeRich green and yellow variegated foliage.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained soil.
- Watering RequirementWater regularly the first season to establish a deep, extensive root system.
- PruningPrune in spring after blooming.
- Unique CharactersticsRare Find Nursery: This new variegated pieris features glossy light green foliage trimmed in creamy white. Rosy red flowers borne in great profusion mature to a deep pink. Showy, pendulous flowers are 6" long and bloom for 2-3 weeks in late March and early April. Another variegated sport of Pieris 'Valley Valentine'. 'Ralto'
- Height/Habit4 - 5 feet
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials & Potted Plants|
|1A-4B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|5A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/22/18|
|7A & 7B||4/2/18 - 6/22/18|
|8A & 8B||2/19/18 - 5/25/18|
|9A - 10B||2/12/18 - 5/25/18|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-4: June 4th, 2018
Zones 5-7: June 18th, 2018
Zones 8-10: May 21st, 2018
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.