Alice Du Pont Mandevilla
Lots of showy, exotic pink blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 15 feet
- Zone: 10-11
- Flowering Date: Summer to fall. In warm climates it will start flowering in April. Heaviest flowering in spring and fall
We ship this item in Spring
Alice Du Pont Mandevilla
- Season Spring
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameMandevilla amabilis 'Alice DuPont'
- Ships AsPOTTED
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone10-11
- Flowering DateSummer to fall. In warm climates it will start flowering in April. Heaviest flowering in spring and fall
- Planting InstructionsSet at the same level it is growing at in the container, firm and water in well
- Winter CareNot winter hardy where it goes below 40 degrees F. Bring into a frost free environment and grow on as a house plant during the winter months
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormTrumpet shaped, the tubes are 3" - 4" long and the flares 3" - 3 1/2" wide
- Foliage TypeThe closely set leathery leaves are a dark, shiny green, 5" - 6" long, 2" - 21/2" wide and oblong in shape.
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched
- PruningNone, except to shape as desired Anytime
- Unique CharactersticsPeople are crazy about the size, shape and color of the Gerbera blooms! The colors stay bright and true. Nice transition plant - from traditional landscape plants and tried and true annuals that everyone plants in their landscape. Gerberas can really add an element of interest to the landscape.
- Height/Habit15 feet
- Growth RateModerate to fast once established, which takes approximately 3 - 4 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2018 Spring Shipping Schedule|
|1A-6B||4/30/18 - 6/8/18|
|7A-10B||4/2/18 - 6/8/18|
|Last Order Date||June 4th, 2018|
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.