Summer Snowflake Viburnum
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 36 - 60 inches
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Mid spring to fall
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Summer Snowflake Viburnum
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameViburnum plicatum f. tomentosum 'Summer Snowflake'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread36 - 60 inches
- Spacing36 - 60 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateMid spring to fall
- Planting InstructionsNone special. But better berry crop is achieved with more than one viburnum planted.
- Winter CareNone special.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSmall single flower clusters arranged in dome-shaped cymes.
- Foliage TypeElliptic to oblong, shiny medium to dark green leaves. In autumn they display a breathtaking maroon-red color.
- Soil RequirementAverage well drained soil. Does not tolerate chalky or alkaline soils.
- PruningDo any pruning after flowering. Take care not to prune too heavily or fruit production will be reduced.
- Additional InformationViburnum plicatum, commonly called Japanese snowball bush, is a dense, upright, multi-stemmed, deciduous shrub which produces snowball-like spherical inflorescences of sterile white flowers along its branches in spring. This species is sterile.
- Unique Characterstics'Summer Snowflake' is an upright cultivar that matures to 5-8' tall (infrequently taller). Leaves, flowers and fruits are typically smaller than those found on typical f. tomentosum plants. White lacecap-like flowers bloom in spring (late April-May), but continue to bloom sporadically through summer (hence the cultivar name) and sometimes into early fall. Fruits, a few flowers and autumn foliage color may all be simultaneously present on shrubs in early fall. Introduced by the Canadian Ornamental Plant Foundation.
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit36 - 60 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.