Ice Cream Tulip
A delicious addition to any garden
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 18 - 24 inches
- Zone: 3-8
- Flowering Date: Mid to late spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Ice Cream Tulip
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure3
- Botanical NameTulipa 'Ice Cream'
- Ships As11+ CM BULB
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread3 - 6 inches
- Spacing3 - 6 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-8
- Flowering DateMid to late spring
- Planting InstructionsPlant 6" deep and 3 - 6" apart.
- Winter CareMulch +/- 2".
- Flower Color:pink
- Flower FormUpright, bell or funnel shaped.
- Foliage TypeGray-green, linear or broadly ovate.
- Soil RequirementWell drained.
- Watering RequirementAverage Water Needs; Water regularly; do not overwater
- PruningIt is important to let the foliage mature and die down naturally, do not cut back. Next year's bloom is being developed. When the foliage is yellow or dried up.
- Additional InformationConsider planting with later blooming perennials as the bulbs go dormant for the rest of the growing season.
- Unique CharactersticsThis double late flowering tulip is really gorgeous. Like the name is saying, the deep pink flower has a creamy white top and looks like a delicious ice cream!
- Shipped11+ CM BULB
- Height/Habit18 - 24 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.