Festiva Maxima Peony
Sweetly scented, double blooms
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun, Partial Shade
- Height/Habit: 30 - 36 inches
- Zone: 3-7
- Flowering Date: Early summer
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Festiva Maxima Peony
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NamePaeonia lactiflora 'Festiva Maxima'
- Type of Fruitn/a
- Ships As2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun, Partial Shade
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 30 inches
- Hardiness Zone3-7
- Flowering DateEarly summer
- Planting InstructionsIt is very important to plant with the eye(s) 2" below the soil level. If they are planted too deep, poor flowering will result
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch the first winter. Remove early in the following spring
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormLarge 4" - 5" cup shaped blooms fully double
- Foliage TypeGlossy, deep green foliage that is very attractive and ornamental through-out the growing season. The new growth in spring is burgundy colored and turns a soft yellow in the fall
- Pruning TimeAfter flowering
- FragranceVery strong and heady
- ResistanceExcellent to all P & D problems
- Soil RequirementWell drained, humus enriched soil that is moisture retentive
- PruningOnly to remove spent flower stems after flowering. Once foliage dies back in Fall trim to the ground.
- Unique CharactersticsLarge blooms of white with occasional red speckles. Very fragrant. Excellent cut flower.
- Shipped2-3 EYE BAREROOT
- Height/Habit30 - 36 inches
- Growth RateFast
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.