English Dwarf Boxwood
Formal, Dark Green Hedge
- Height/Habit: 36 - 48 inches
- Zone: 5-8
- Flowering Date: Spring
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
English Dwarf Boxwood
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameBuxus sempervirens 'Suffruticosa'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PA PR
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-8
- Flowering DateSpring
- Planting InstructionsTolerant of the sun, but performs best in partial shade. Hot sun and dry soil combination may produce dull foliage color or scorched leaves.
- Winter CareProtect from drying winter winds.
- Flower Color:green
- Flower FormInconspicuous- small yellow-green star shaped of both sexes on same plant.
- Foliage TypeOpposite, rounded, entire with a shiny leathery texture in medium to dark green.
- Soil RequirementFertile, well drained soil in partial shade.
- PruningWithstands heavy pruning late spring
- Additional InformationB. sempervirens (English).
- Unique CharactersticsA slow growing evergreen shrub valued for its low growing habit and ability to withstand hard clipping/pruning. Quite suitable for low hedge or accent plant. Retains its green color through winter.
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit36 - 48 inches
- Growth RateSlow
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.