Famous concord flavor
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 8 - 10 feet
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Harvest in late summer to fall
Send me an email when this item is available
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameVitis 'Concord'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK CA GU HI ID OR PR WA
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing6 - 7 feet
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateHarvest in late summer to fall
- Planting InstructionsDig a hole large enough to accommodate the roots without bending them. Set the crown at soil level, firm soil and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareA winter mulch is advantageous in colder climates.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormSmall, 5 petaled, held in narrow panicles. Not ornamental.
- Foliage Type6" deeply lobed and rounded, quite ornamental.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, humus enriched soil.
- PruningPrune in winter for best fruit production. Follow instructions in the planting guide. Winter, when plant is dormant but before the temperatures become too cold.
- Unique CharactersticsBeautiful lavender blooms poking up through the fall leaves is a wonderful site in late summer. When most of the landscape is heaped in shades of orange, red, yellow and brown, a splash of lavender at the edge of a flowerbed or garden corner is a colorful way to end the growing season before winter sets in. Saffron Crocus is treasured for the golden stigma which are used to color and flavor food and also used as a dye for fabric. Saffron in Arabic means yellow.
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit8 - 10 feet
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.