Color Guard Yucca
- Height/Habit: 24 - 48 inches
- Zone: 4-10
- Flowering Date: Early to midsummer.
We ship this item in Fall
Send me an email when this item is available
Color Guard Yucca
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameYucca filamentosa 'Color Guard'
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- State RestrictionsAE AK GU HI PR
- Spread24 - 36 inches
- Spacing24 - 36 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-10
- Flowering DateEarly to midsummer.
- Planting InstructionsPerforms best and has best coloring in full sun. Set plant at the same level it is growing at in the container. Firm soil well and water thoroughly.
- Winter CareNone, except to mulch around the crown the first winter, if planted in fall. Remove mulch in early spring.
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormTerminal panicles of nodding, bell-shaped flowers on 5 - 6' flower stalks.
- Foliage TypeEvergreen, sword-like foliage with a creamy-gold center and green margins. Curly, white threads are found along the leaf margins. The gold center intensifies in summer.
- Soil RequirementWell-drained, light soil. Performs well in poor, sandy soil.
- PruningRemove spent flower stalks and any dead or unattractive foliage. After flowering.
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit24 - 48 inches
- Growth RateModerate.
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.