Baby Cake Thornless Blackberry
Perfect of growing in containers
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 36 - 48 inches
- Zone: 4-8
- Flowering Date: Spring flowers, followed by midsummer fruit
Send me an email when this item is available
Baby Cake Thornless Blackberry
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRubus x 'APF-236T' PP#27,032
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK FL GU HI MA PR SC
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone4-8
- Flowering DateSpring flowers, followed by midsummer fruit
- Flower Color:white
- Foliage TypeGreen
- Soil RequirementProvide well-drained, neutral soil
- Watering RequirementWater deeply, regularly, when top 3 in. of soil is dry, during first growing season to establish extensive root system.
- PruningAfter harvest, prune only canes that have fruited, leaving newly emerged canes to overwinter and produce next year's fruit. In late spring, remove all dead canes with no new growth.
- Unique CharactersticsMonrovia: Baby Cakes™ is a dwarf and thornless blackberry plant that presents a fireworks-like display of large, juicy berries in the summer! Its compact habit makes it perfect for patio pots. In most regions, this blackberry will produce twice in one season. Produces on second-year canes. Deciduous.
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit36 - 48 inches
- Growth RateModerate
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.