Apache Thornless Blackberry
Big quarter–sized berries
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Height/Habit: 5 - 8 feet
- Zone: 5-9
- Flowering Date: Early summer
Send me an email when this item is available
Apache Thornless Blackberry
- Season Fall
- Unit of Measure1
- Botanical NameRubus 'Apache' PP#11,865
- Ships As1 GALLON POT
- Sun ExposureFull Sun
- State RestrictionsAE AK FL GU HI MA PR SC
- Spread36 - 48 inches
- Spacing36 - 48 inches
- Hardiness Zone5-9
- Flowering DateEarly summer
- Planting InstructionsPlant at the same depth it is growing at in the container. Firm well and water in thoroughly
- Winter CareA winter mulch around the crown is advantageous in colder climates
- Flower Color:white
- Flower FormOpen single rose-like flowers, 5 - 10 to a cluster and 1 - 2 clusters per cane
- Foliage TypeCompound, mid green, pubescent
- Soil RequirementTolerant of a wide range of soils, will do best in a well drained, humus enriched one
- PruningTrim canes to 42", remove unwanted ones Early spring
- Additional InformationU.S. Patent No. 11865.
- Unique CharactersticsGardens Alive: Enjoy perfectly formed berries, thanks to the extra fertile flowers found on this jumbo-sized variety! These big berries, with even bigger flavor, ripen in mid-to-late June, with erect, thornless canes.
- Shipped1 GALLON POT
- Height/Habit5 - 8 feet
- Growth RateFast once established, which takes approximately 3 - 5 weeks
When will my order ship?
Orders for in-stock seeds, general merchandise and gift certificates are typically shipped within 5 business days.
Plants will be shipped at the proper planting time for your area of the country during the shipping time frames outlined below:
*Due to hot weather conditions, we are unable to ship most plant items July through August.
|2017 Fall Shipping Schedule|
|Zone||Perennials, Bulbs & Potted Plants|
|1A-2B||9/5/2017 – 11/3/2017|
|3A-10B||9/5/2017 - 11/17/2017|
|Last Order Date||Zones 1-2: 10/30/2017
Zones 3-10: 11/13/2017
The type of product you order or the weather in our area or yours may affect the anticipated shipping schedule.
Based on the contents of your order we always strive to ship your order complete, and as early as possible. Large orders may be shipped in more than one package.
Bare-root perennials, trees and shrubs are kept in the nursery row until full dormant. This promotes optimum transit conditions and success in your garden. In the Fall, these plants tend to arrive at the later end of the shipping window.
In all cases, we choose the fastest, most efficient way to send your order.
For trees and other oversize items, we do not ship to PO boxes and it will be delivered via FedEx Home delivery.
After you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your order and a delivery estimate.
You will also receive an email notification when your order ships with an updated arrival estimate.
At any time after you place your order you can check your order status on our website using your email or the account number found in your order confirmation email.
Please note that we cannot ship outside of the 48 contiguous states.